The County of Grande Prairie Regional Fire Service is looking for NFPA-certified firefighters to join the team at the Clairmont and Dunes fire stations. Applications close on Nov 11, 2022.
“Our Regional Fire Service offers a unique opportunity for trained firefighters to work a part-time, flexible schedule at a career fire station,” said Jason Nesbitt, Deputy Fire Chief. “We are a highly-skilled, well-trained team with an inclusive culture that puts people first.”
Minimum requirements for part-time recruits are as follows:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a current, Class 3 Alberta Driver's License with airbrake endorsement
- History of a safe driving record
- Possess a Grade 12 diploma
- Pass the RCMP Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check
- NFPA 1001 Level 1 and Level 2 certification (IFSAC and/or ProBoard)
- NFPA 472 or 1072 Awareness and Operation certification (IFSAC and/or ProBoard)
- Recognized Emergency Medical Responder (EMR), Medical First Responder, Advanced First Aid (minimum 80-hour program) or higher. Valid first aid required if you are not a registered practitioner with the Alberta College of Paramedics
- Current level “C” CPR
- Incident Command System 100 Certificate
- Pass a medical assessment with a County Regional Fire Service-approved physician and undergo a psychological assessment with a County Regional Fire Service-approved psychologist
- Aptitude for physically demanding but rewarding work
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- A minimum commitment of four shifts per month
Applications will be accepted until Nov 11, 2022.
For more information about the opportunity and to apply, visit www.countygp.ab.ca/firerecruitment.
Applicants seeking additional information may contact the Regional Fire Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-532-9727.
Information provided by the County of Grande Prairie