The County of Grande Prairie Regional Fire Service is looking for NFPA-certified firefighters to join the team at the Clairmont and Dunes fire stations.
Applications close on May 27, 2022.
“Our Regional Fire Service offers a unique opportunity for trained firefighters to work a part-time, flexible schedule at a career fire station,” said Jason Nesbitt, Deputy Fire Chief. “We are a highly-skilled, well-trained team with an inclusive culture that puts people first.”
Interested candidates are invited to connect with members of the Regional Fire Service to ask questions and learn about the benefits of joining the team.
The Virtual Information Session will take place Thursday, May 19 from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Registration is required at www.countygp.ab.ca/firerecruitment.
Minimum requirements for part-time recruits are as follows:
- Have a current, Class 3 Alberta Driver's License with airbrake endorsement
- History of a safe driving record
- Possess a Grade 12 diploma
- Pass the RCMP Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check
- NFPA 1001 Level 1 and Level 2 certification (IFSAC and/or ProBoard)
- NFPA 472 or 1072 Awareness and Operation certification (IFSAC and/or ProBoard)
- Recognized Emergency Medical Responder (EMR), Medical First Responder, Advanced First Aid (minimum 80-hour program) or higher. Valid first aid required if you are not a registered practitioner with the Alberta College of Paramedics
- Current level “C” CPR
- Incident Command System 100 Certificate
- Pass a medical assessment with a County Regional Fire Service-approved physician and undergo a psychological assessment with a County Regional Fire Service-approved psychologist
- Aptitude for physically demanding but rewarding work
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- A minimum commitment of four shifts per month
Applications will be accepted until May 27, 2022.
For more information about the opportunity and to apply, visit www.countygp.ab.ca/firerecruitment.
Applicants seeking additional information may contact the Regional Fire Service at email@example.com or 780-532-9727.