Construction on 84 Avenue between Resources Road and 100 Street is progressing well, resulting in adjusted traffic, pedestrian and transit impacts.
Crews have completed the roadway reconstruction on 84 Avenue between 100 Street and Patterson Drive, resulting in the roadway now being open to one lane of traffic in each direction. The remaining work in this location includes:
- installation of a bus pad on the north side of 84 Avenue near 100 Street
- installation of concrete median
Crews have now closed 84 Avenue between Patterson Drive and Resources Road to complete the following work:
- full reconstruction of the existing road structure
- full replacement of the curb and gutter, storm mains and manhole structures
- installation of a smart right turn lane at the east to southbound turn at 84 Avenue and Resources Road
In addition, the intersection of 84 Avenue and Patterson Drive is a 4-way stop. North and southbound traffic at the intersection of Resources Road at 84 Avenue continues to flow, however southbound traffic is intermittently routed into the northbound lanes while work occurs in the intersection.
Transit route 2 is rerouting starting on Tuesday, July 26 to accommodate the construction. The following bus stops will be closed until further notice:
- Temporary stop 211
- Temporary stop 215
Transit passengers for temporary stop 211 are asked to please redirect to stop 209 (88 Avenue and 96 Street). Transit passengers for stop 215 are asked to redirect to stop 219 (Poplar Drive and 79 Avenue).
Pedestrians can expect detours during the replacement of sections of the sidewalk as construction progresses.