The YouVersion Bible app announced that Easter Sunday had the most people ever sharing Bible verses from the app since the 2008 launch of the app.
There was a 23 per cent increase this year over the previous record-setting day.
The top five shared verses were:
- John 11:25—"Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, yet shall he live.'"
- Romans 10:13—"Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."
- Matthew 28:6—"He is not here. For He has risen, just as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay."
- John 3:16—"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life."
- 1 Peter 2:24—"He Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness. 'By His wounds you were healed'" (1 Pet. 2:24).
The app also set a record for most completed Bible reading plans this Easter season.
In a release YouVersion said that 130 million Bible Plan days had been completed over the Lenten season. With the app's "Easter Challenge" that number jumped to 160 million Bible Plan days completed.
“Our community uses Bible Plans to bring specific and biblical focus to things they want to explore further—like sections of the Bible or specific topics like parenting, anxiety, or, in this case, God’s love for us through the Easter story,” said Bobby Gruenewald, YouVersion founder. “This challenge is really about encouraging our community to set aside time each day leading up to Easter to reflect on what Jesus’ sacrifice means to them.”