The Grande Prairie Youth Advisory Council is currently accepting nominations for the Youth Engagement Awards for 2022.
The awards recognize businesses, schools and community agencies that illustrate the valuable role community plays in positive youth development in Grande Prairie. Teens and young adults between the ages of 13 to 30 are encouraged to nominate their mentors, teachers, leaders, employers, coaches, and favourite businesses for the work they do in supporting youth in Grande Prairie. Nominations are only accepted from youth aged 13 to 30, but their nominees may be any age.
Four categories of awards are available:
- Youth Friendly Business of Choice
- Recognizes a business, service, or corporation that respects and welcomes youth as a client.
- Community Engagement Award
- Recognizes organizations that promote positive youth culture and take strides to create community connectedness such as a youth group, youth agency, sports association, cultural association, secondary school, or post-secondary institute.
- Employer of Choice
- Recognizes businesses or organizations that hire youth and young adults and demonstrate the value of their youth employees with a healthy and safe working environment.
- Youth Mentor of Choice
- Recognizes individuals dedicated to mentoring youth and creating inclusive spaces or connections for youth.
Nominations can be submitted from April 12, 2022, to April 27, 2022, through the online nomination package available at cityofgp.com/yea.
Recipients will be announced during the Youth Week Kick-Off event at 4:00 pm on Monday, May 2, 2022, at Eastlink Centre. Follow the Youth Advisory Council on Facebook and Instagram or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.