Grande Prairie RCMP would like to remind everyone of the extra foot traffic that will be occurring today and to take extra care while driving.
· When driving, remain diligent and alert
· Take your time especially in residential spots, watching carefully for any costumed tots
· Pay extra attention to your surroundings take heed, drive with smarts and please don’t speed
Homeowners, what should you do?
· Giving out treats? Make sure your steps and porch are nice and bright and that pets are secured to prevent bites and frights.
· Use LED lights instead of candles, makes pumpkins much safer to look at from all angles
· No homemade snacks or food, commercially packed is considered good.
· Keep the paths nice and clear
Mindful Tips for Walkers:
· Map out the route that you plan to roam, so adults are assured you will find your way home.
· Make sure the lights are on before you knock on that door.
· So many houses where people reside accept treats at the door and please, don’t go inside.
· Wear bright clothes or reflective items to be seen during the night and remember to bring your flashlight.
· Walk on the sidewalks and not in the street
· Be on the lookout for drivers.
· Avoid being a party of one, treating in a group is way more fun! (and safer too)
· Keep to the places with plenty of light, this will help you stay safer tonight.
· Best part is so many pieces of candy to dig into!! But do not eat until a trusted adult has inspected them for you.