On Monday, May 30 the City begins regular inspections on traffic signals at 14 intersections to ensure proper working order and structural integrity.
The inspections are conducted using non-destructive testing and visual observations.
The information collected during inspections is used by the City to plan future traffic signal repairs or replacements.
Traffic signals being inspected are located at:
- 115 Avenue and 100 Street
- 105 Avenue and 98 Street
- 84 Avenue and Mission Heights Drive
- 100 Street and 90 Avenue
- 116 Street north of 104 Avenue
- 68 Avenue west of 88a Street
- 84 Avenue and Resources Road
- 84 Avenue and Patterson Drive
- 132 Avenue and 116 Street
- 104 Avenue and 115 Street
- 68 Avenue and 100 Street
- 92 Avenue and Resources Road
- 109 Avenue and 108 Street
- 68 Avenue and 92 Street
During inspections, minimal traffic impact is expected. Drivers may experience short-term lane closures while equipment is on the roadway to facilitate the inspection of the traffic signal poles.
Work is anticipated for completion in June, weather dependant.
If you have questions regarding the Traffic Signal Inspection Program or are seeking more information, please call AccessGP at 780-538-0300 or 311 if you're within city limits.
Information provided by the City of Grande Prairie