Celebrate Earth Day with the City of Grande Prairie and County of Grande Prairie on Friday, April 22 in Teresa Sargent Hall at the Montrose Cultural Centre.
The drop-in event runs from 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and features learning opportunities, demonstrations from local businesses, and activities for residents of all ages, including:
- An electric vehicle showcase demonstrating the benefits and possibilities of owning an electric vehicle and how they work in a northern climate.
- Local beekeepers with a live hive full of bees to learn about pollinators and pollinator health, as well as how residents can start their own hive.
- An ATCO booth providing information about how to reduce energy consumption and reduce energy bills.
- The return of GP Grows with a customizable seed bar
- A draw for a chance to win a Go City Foldable Electric Bike.
At the event, April 22 will be proclaimed as Earth Day in the City and County.
The City of Grande Prairie is providing Free City transit all-day to commuters within the City to reduce carbon emissions and support environmental conservation.
GP Grows Seed Bar
GP Grows returns to the community at Earth Day 2022 with a GP Grows Seed Bar where residents can select from 13 different seed varieties for their customized garden. Residents can learn about supporting the growth of these plants and take home a customized seed growing kit to plant at home.
Everyone participating in GP Grows is encouraged to share photos of their gardens on social media using the hashtag #GPGrows.
Information provided by the City and County of Grande Prairie