On Feb. 9, 2023, the Peace River General Investigation Section and Fairview RCMP, with assistance from the RCMP’s Western Alberta Crime Reduction Unit, Emergency Response Team, and Police Dogs Services, acting on information gathered during the course of a firearms investigation, executed a search warrant at a residence in the rural Fairview area.
As a result of the search, RCMP seized:
- A loaded, sawed-off 12 gauge shotgun
- Shotgun and hand-gun ammunition
- 21.9 grams of suspected cocaine
- 45 grams of psilocybin
As a result of the investigation, Devin Reardon (23), a resident of Fairview, has been charged with:
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited firearm
- Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
- Possession of a prohibited firearm with ammunition
- Careless use of a firearm
- Careless storage of a firearm
- Possession of a controlled substance
- Possession of a controlled substance for the purpose of trafficking
Following a judicial interim release hearing Devin Reardon has been remanded into custody and is next scheduled to appear in Peace River Provincial Court on Feb. 27, 2023.
Information provided by Fairview RCMP