On June 18, 2022 the Grande Prairie Fire Department responded to a structure fire in the Westpointe subdivision. Upon arrival, smoke and flames were visible as the fire had engulfed the kitchen at the rear of the home. Fire crews worked on scene for several hours to extinguish the fire and preserve property.

There were no injuries reported during this incident, however 8 occupants were displaced.

The cause of this fire was cooking oil which ignited due to high heat. The fire spread throughout the kitchen; smoke spread throughout the home. Damage is estimated at $150,000.

Any further enquiries can be made to the Grande Prairie Fire Department Fire Prevention Branch.

Information provided by the Grande Prairie Fire Department