On Thursday, Dec. 29, 2022, at approximately 6:36 p.m., Grande Prairie RCMP received a report that a residence in the Westpointe area had been shot. Officers secured the residence which the shot was believed to have originated from and arrested the lone male occupant.
Christopher Chowace-Mitchell (23) a resident of Grande Prairie, has been charged with the following:
- Reckless discharge of a firearm.
- Careless use of a firearm.
- Unsafe storage of a firearm.
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm.
- Possession of a firearm when knowing possession is unauthorized.
- Uttering threats.
Following a judicial hearing, Chowace-Mitchell was remanded into custody to appear in Grande Prairie Provincial Court on Jan. 4, 2023.