At approximately nine-thirty Saturday morning, the Grande Prairie Fire Department responded to a report of an explosion and fire in a west end car wash.

Upon arrival, extensive damage was found after the explosion had removed some overhead doors from the building. A fire in the ceiling was quickly brought under control. Although no one was injured, the incident left those who were inside the building at the time shaken.

The cause of the fire is believed to be a venting tank truck, the contents of which caught fire after contacting an overhead heater.

The incident will continue to be investigated by Alberta Occupation Health & Safety.