The City of Grande Prairie is seeking over 100 community members to work at voting stations for the municipal election in October.
An election worker is an integral part of the electoral process as they help maintain a fair election and facilitate a smooth voting process on advanced voting days and on election day.
The positions available to be filled are Presiding Deputy Returning Officer (PDRO) and Deputy Returning Officer (DRO).
The PDRO is responsible for supervising the overall voting station, communicating with the centralized election office, and ensuring all legislated election requirements are met. They also ensure set-up, closure, sanitation, and maintenance of voting booths, equipment, and material. The DRO is responsible for assisting with the set-up, closure, sanitation, and maintenance of the voting station, as well as assisting voters with the registration process such as verifying voter identification and issuing ballots. Election workers are required to stay on site and at their assigned station for the entire shift and until all duties are complete. The hours approximately fall as follows:
• Advance Voting
• October 8 and 9 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. (or until duties are complete)
• October 15 and 16 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. (or until duties are complete)
• Election Day
• October 18 from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. (or until duties are complete) Election workers are compensated at the following rates:
• Advanced Voting (4 days)
• PDRO -$880
• DRO - $660 • Election Day (1 day)
• PDRO -$300
• DRO - $225
• PDRO/DRO - $50/session Those interested in applying may complete an application on the City’s website
Information provided by the City of Grande Prairie