The City of Grande Prairie invites the community to celebrate the final month of Eastlink Centre’s 10-year anniversary with free activities from November 12 to December 11, finishing off with a large facility-wide event.
“We’re excited to celebrate the finale of the Eastlink Centre’s 10-year anniversary milestone,” said Mayor Jackie Clayton. “The Eastlink Centre is a pillar of recreation and sport in our community, and we look forward to providing many more years of inclusive and affordable recreation options for residents at the facility.”
The following activities are taking place at the Eastlink Centre on specific days from November 12 to December 11:
- “Just Can’t Get Enough” Free Fitness Class Mondays:
- Free drop-in, instructor lead dryland and aquatic fitness classes all day long
- “Rolling in the Deep” Discounted Swim Wednesdays:
- $2 public swim admission per person
- “T.G.I.F” BOGO Admission Fridays:
- When non-members purchase one admission, get a second person’s admission for free.
- When Eastlink Centre members bring a non-member friend, the friend gets free admission, and the member is entered to win an Apple Watch.
- Sport and Wellness Showcase
- November 12
- 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Open to the public
- A showcase of the different user groups, clubs and membership options available at the Community Knowledge Campus.
- Seniors Snack & Chat
- November 14
- 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Each special day is named after a top-hit song in 2011, the same year that the Eastlink Centre opened its doors.
Visitors can also bring a food bank donation to a Community Knowledge Campus guest services desk from November 12 to December 11 to be entered to win a six-month Eastlink Centre membership.
Final Wrap Up Event
The final event, called “One More Night: A Celebration of the Eastlink Centre”, takes place on Sunday, December 11, 2022. It wraps up the facility’s year-long 10-year anniversary and is the official date for the Eastlink Centre’s 11-year anniversary.
The event features free admission to the Eastlink Centre and Design Works Centre and a variety of free activities including:
- Bouncy castles and games in the fieldhouse
- Fitness class showcase in the fieldhouse
- Drop-in public swimming (in two-hour time slots)
- Public skating with free rentals
- Facility tours
- Scavenger hunt
- Special membership pricing
- Cupcake showdown featuring special guests
Pre-registration for facility tours is required and opens on Monday, November 28, all other anniversary activities are first-come, first-served. To pre-register for a free tour, please visit https://cityofgp.com
The Eastlink Centre has been celebrating its 10-year anniversary with various fun things including monthly track workouts, monthly social media contests and a special 10-year anniversary playlist on Spotify, see more details at https://cityofgp.com/parks-recreation/facilities-venues/eastlink-centre/anniversary-celebration
Information provided by the City of Grande Prairie