Applications are being accepted for paid response firefighters and medical first responders to serve at fire stations in Bezanson, Hythe, La Glace, Teepee Creek, and the towns of Beaverlodge, Sexsmith, and Wembley.
Paid responders provide fire, rescue and medical first response services on a flexible, on-call basis in and around their community. Compensation is provided for emergency response, station duties, and training. The County of Grande Prairie Regional Fire Service believes in nurturing a community of dedicated individuals. All members receive accredited professional training, recognized across North America, at no cost.
“Becoming a paid responder provides a unique opportunity to give back to your community while investing in your personal and professional growth,” says Bryan Hall, District Fire Chief.
“We’re looking for interested individuals, living within 15 kilometres of their community’s station, to join our community-focused teams at the County Regional Fire Service where we prioritize our members and the well-being of the people we serve.”
Other benefits include:
· Ability to help the community and connect with community members
· Flexibility to suit members’ schedules and interests
· Hourly compensation based on training and years of service
· Inclusive work environment
· Free training, including advanced medical training, basic first aid, driver training, and more
· Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB) coverage and life insurance coverage
· Compensation for training and all assigned duties.
Previous firefighting experience is not required; however, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
· Live within 15 kilometres of their closest fire station
· Be at least 18 years of age
· Have a current Alberta Driver’s License; Driver Abstract, demonstrating a safe driving record; Grade 12 diploma; RCMP Criminal Record Check; and a doctor’s letter confirming you are medically fit to perform firefighting duties.
Junior Cadet Firefighters between the ages of 16-18 can also attend community events and training.
The deadline to apply is February 16, 2024. For a full list of requirements, and to apply, visit www.countygp.ab.ca/firerecruit. For more information, contact the County Regional Fire Service at email@example.com or 780-532-9727.