The County of Grande Prairie Regional Fire Service is looking for NFPA Certified firefighters to join the Clairmont and Dunes fire stations as Part-Time firefighters. Applications are open until February 11.
“Our Regional Fire Service is home to a team of highly skilled and well-trained professionals that nurture a welcoming and inclusive culture that puts people first,” said Jason Nesbitt, Deputy Fire Chief. “Our members are offered a unique opportunity to work part-time as trained firefighters, on a flexible schedule, at a career fire station.”
The minimum time commitment is four shifts per month. Successful candidates will be offered a rewarding, hands-on career working alongside a highly skilled team, opportunities for further education, WCB coverage, life insurance, and more.
Minimum requirements for part-time recruits are as follows:
- 18 years of age
- A current Class 3 Alberta Driver's License with airbrake endorsement
- History of a safe driving record
- Grade 12 diploma
- Pass the RCMP Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check
- NFPA 1001 Level 1 and Level 2 certification (IFSAC and/or ProBoard)
- NFPA 472 or 1072 Awareness and Operation certification (IFSAC and/or ProBoard)
- Recognized Emergency Medical Responder (EMR), Medical First Responder, Advanced First Aid (minimum 80-hour program) or higher. Valid first aid required if you are not a registered practitioner with the Alberta College of Paramedics
- Current level “C” CPR
- Incident Command System 100 Certificate
- Pass a medical assessment with a County Regional Fire Service-approved physician and undergo a psychological assessment with a County Regional Fire Service-approved psychologist
- Aptitude for physically demanding but rewarding work
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
For more information about the opportunity or to apply by the February 11 deadline, visit www.countygp.ab.ca/firerecruitment.
Applicants seeking additional information are encouraged to contact Regional Fire Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-532-9727.
Information provided by the County of Grande Prairie