Property tax and assessment notices for 2023 have been mailed to approximately 20,000 property owners in the County of Grande Prairie. Along with their notices, property owners will receive details on:
- How the County funds its budget; and,
- County services and programs funded by municipal property taxes.
More information about the 2023 budget is available at www.countygp.ab.ca/budget.
Property tax payments are due by Friday, June 30, 2023. Payments made after this date will be subject to a penalty.
Payments can be made:
- Online at the County website using your Visa or MasterCard credit card (subject to a 2.2% convenience fee);
- Through banking institutions using online banking or by visiting in person;
- By cheque mailed to the County Administration Building, 10001-84 Avenue, Clairmont, AB T8X 5B2; and
- In-person, starting Tuesday, May 23, at the County Administration Building.
Hours for the County Administration Building will be extended to accommodate property tax payments. The office will be open over the lunch hour from noon to 1:00 p.m. on weekdays from June 19 to 27, and from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on June 28, 29 and 30, including the lunch hour.
Due to ongoing delays with Alberta Land Titles, property owners who have recently transferred or purchased property in the County and do not receive their property tax notice by May 31, 2023 are urged to contact the County's tax office as soon as possible.
Requests for notices can be made by:
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Calling 780-513-3968;
- Faxing 780-539-9880; or,
- By mail to the County Administration Building, 10001-84 Ave, Clairmont, AB T8X 5B2.
Residents and businesses with questions regarding their assessment can contact the Assessment department at 780-513-3952 or email@example.com. Questions regarding tax notices can be directed to the Taxation department at 780-513-3968 or firstname.lastname@example.org. More information about property taxes and assessment, including appeals, is available at www.countygp.ab.ca/taxes.