A fire advisory is in effect for the Grande Prairie Forest Area due to warm, dry, and windy conditions.
Under this advisory:
- Existing fire permits are still valid but may be suspended or cancelled if dry conditions continue
- New fire permits will still be issued on a case-by-case basis
- Any burning without a valid fire permit, other than a campfire, is prohibited
- Safe wood campfires
- Backyard fire pits
- Portable propane fire pits
- Gas or propane stoves and barbecues
- Catalytic or infrared-style heaters
Municipalities, parks and protected areas may have additional fire safety requirements.
Never leave a campfire unattended. Soak it, stir it and soak it again until cool to the touch to ensure it is extinguished.
If you see a wildfire, report it immediately by calling 310-FIRE.
Please visit Alberta Fire Bans to see a map of the exact area covered under this fire advisory.
The fire advisory will remain in effect until conditions improve.
Information provided by:Alberta Wildfire
- In response to Canada's Online News Act and Meta (Facebook and Instagram) removing access to local news from their platforms, ReachFM.ca encourages you to get your news directly from your trusted source by bookmarking this page and downloading the Reach FM app at https://www.reachfm.ca/app