Terry Van Veen
Terry has been with 96.3 Shine FM in Grande Prairie since November of 2008. Terry's radio journey began in mainstream radio in the late 80's. He's been 'up and down the dial' having worked easy listening, pop and country formats before God called him to Christian radio in the fall of '98.
Terry met his partner for life while working radio in BC's Southwest Interior. He and Donna were married in Vancouver and started a family a few years later. The Van Veen household is a busy place with two growing boys.
Terry is a guitar enthusiast having spent a number of years playing on a variety of church worship teams. He also loves Canada's favourite pastime - hockey.
End your weekdays with Terry and the best in Today's Christian Music, the Power Verse, afternoon devotional along with news and weather on 96.3 Shine FM in Grande Prairie, AB.
The Rotary Club of GP After 5 -Imagination Library.
The Rotary Club of Grande Prairie After Five makes the Imagination Library accessible for children under 5 years! Founded by singer Dolly Parton 21 years ago, this free library program is used all across North America and is now in our city. Businesses and community members can sponsor a child to receive a book monthly! Consider making a donation, contact the Rotary club of Grande Prairie After 5 .
Can I save my marriage? Are my kids OK? Could God really love me? Do you crave meaning? Questions about God or faith? Do you wonder whether there's more to life than the same old routine? Feeling overwhelmed? Depressed?
The Mentor Center matches volunteer mentors with people who have questions. Contact the Reach FM Mentor Center today.
Let's talk about what really matters.
Mentoring is a chance to ask your questions in a safe and private place. All mentoring happens by email. You send in your question, we match you with a mentor and the mentor writes back to you. You are welcome to write to your mentor as long as you like.
Mentoring is an exciting opportunity to share your faith or to encourage a fellow believer in their time of need. Are you ready to make a difference in your world? If you love God and can send an email, we'd love for you to join our team today!
The Mentor Center is a powerful Internet technology that does one simple thing very well: It connects people who are urgently seeking spiritual answers with well-trained Christian people who become mentors that they may never find anywhere else.
Does it feel like it's hard to connect with the people in your neighbourhood? We can help with that. When we step into the work God is doing, it's powerful. Now you can offer that mission trip experience to everyone in your church. (No visas or vaccines required.)
Stay informed on upcoming concerts, events, contests and more with the Reach Out Newsletter! It's FREE and comes directly to your INBOX.
Congratulations to Mary Radomski - the winner of the WOW HITS 2016 brick of cd’s – featuring...
30 of today’s Top Christian Artists are featured on WOW HITS 2016! Mary won this CD plus 30 additional cd’s of the WOW HITS artist line-up after finding the password "WOW" in the latest Reach Out Newsletter.
If you’re not a Reach Out Newsletter subscriber, sign up today by clicking HERE!
The Grande Prairie 2018 Alberta Summer Games Society is seeking a games manager to organize the 2018 Alberta Summer Games. If you or someone you know has an interest in organizing such an esteemed event and making their mark, please take note of this opportunity.
The Alberta Summer Games have been awarded to joint hosts for 2018: the City of Grande Prairie and County of Grande Prairie No. 1. From Jul 19 to 22, the games will bring together Alberta’s best young athletes aged 11-17 with an expected total of over 3,000 participants and officials and a budget of over $2 million. Execution of the games will be conducted by the Grande Prairie 2018 Alberta Summer Games Society in partnership with the City of Grande Prairie, County of Grande Prairie No. 1 and Alberta Sports, Recreation, Parks and Wildlife Foundation.
With the support of the board of directors, the successful Games Manager candidate will be responsible for the planning and execution of the games including its budget, its staff and volunteers. Ideally, the candidate will have previous experience working in similar events. Education in related fields such as recreation or physical education will be considered an asset as well.
The position is expected to be an 18 month contract beginning at February 1, 2017 and ending at July 31, 2018, but could be modified depending on availability. Salary will be competitive commensurate with experience.
Reporting to the chair of the Games’ board, the Grande Prairie 2018 Alberta Summer Games Society is seeking a Games Manager to coordinate the planning and execution of the Games in cooperation with the Society’s Board of Directors and its government partners. The position is expected to be an 18 month contract beginning at February 1, 2017 and ending at July 31, 2018. Successful applicants are expected to display strong leadership and communication skills and be able to effectively work with a broad range of volunteers.
Duties of the Games Manager position include the following with the full support of the Games’ Society’s board of directors:
- Coordinate the overall planning and execution of the games
- Act as liaison for boards, committees and other related organizations
- Develop a budget for each games portfolio
- Achieve organizational goals with consideration of budget and deadline constraints
- Serve as a non-voting member of the society and provide support to its directors
- Manage and support a broad range of volunteers
- Develop and implement policies
- Develop a budget for each games portfolio
- Perform various media relations functions
- Manage the Games’ office and staff including filing and maintenance of all records
- Display strong leadership skills
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have previous work experience supervising staff and liaising with boards
- Be able to effectively manage a broad range of volunteers
- Possess organizational skills including experience with Microsoft office
- Be able to work effectively with little supervision
- Be committed to living in the Grande Prairie region for the term of the contract
- Have a passion for sport
- Relevant experience and/or education in event management considered an asset
The position is expected to be an 18 month contract beginning at February 1, 2017 and ending at July 31, 2018 with a competitive salary commensurate with experience. The right candidate can expect up to $75,000.00 annually
All applications submitted by November 25, 2016 will be considered.
To make a positive impact on peoples' lives, offering encouragement through the gospel of Jesus Christ in song, praise and spoken word in a safe and fun radio environment. Our station will be a catalyst for bringing the good news to non-believers and believers across all denominations, while providing a practical advertising opportunity.
To promote healthy Christian values and standards with an emphasis on traditional family values.
Statement of Faith
1. The Bible, consisting of all the books of the Old and New Testament, is the supernaturally given revelation from God Himself. From the original manuscripts these Scriptures are without error not only in their moral and spiritual teaching but also in their record of historical facts. The Bible is the supreme and final authority in all matters on which it speaks.
2. There is only one true God, eternally existing in three distinct Persons – the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. Jesus of Nazareth is God, miraculously conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin, Mary. He lived a sinless life, and performed mighty works, wonders, signs and teachings exactly as recorded in the New Testament. He was put to death by crucifixion under Pontius Pilate. God raised from the dead that same body, though glorified. After His resurrection the Lord Jesus appeared to His disciples alive. After forty days He ascended into heaven and sat at the right hand of God the Father as head over all things.
4. The Lord Jesus, before His virgin birth, existed in the exact form of God. He voluntarily laid aside His divine glory and was made in the likeness of men. He is perfect Deity and true humanity united in one person. He should be worshipped as God by angels and men. By His death on the cross, Jesus Christ made a perfect atonement for sin, thus satisfying divine justice and accomplishing salvation for all who trust in Him alone. Jesus Christ will come again to the earth – personally, visibly and bodily.
5. The Holy Spirit is God. He is a person distinct from the Father and the Son, and possesses all of the divine attributes. The Holy Spirit has come into the world to reveal Christ. He convicts and draws sinners to Christ, apply the saving work of Christ and imparting new life to them. He continually indwells them from the moment of spiritual birth and seals them until the day of redemption. The indwelling of the Holy Spirit enables Christians to live a godly life and to perform good works to the glory of God.
6. The whole human race was created in God's likeness, and therefore has intrinsic worth. The historic fall of the first Adam brought all mankind under divine condemnation. Every person is spiritually dead through their sins and cannot see nor enter the Kingdom of God until they are born again of the Holy Spirit.
7. Our salvation is wholly a work of God's free grace and not of human works, goodness or religious ceremony. God imputes His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation, and thereby justifies them in His sight.
8. At physical death the spirit of a believer departs to be with Christ in conscious fellowship, and at the second coming of Christ their bodies will be raised and glorified. All those who persistently reject Jesus Christ in the present life shall be raised from the dead and throughout eternity exist in a state of conscious torment and condemnation completely separated from God.
9. Satan, the enemy of God and a being of great cunning who can exert vast power (only so far as God allows him to do so), will ultimately be cast into the lake of fire and brimstone.
10. The Church consists of all men and women who have been joined to Christ through saving faith. Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church which he loves. The Lord Jesus Christ commanded all believers to proclaim the gospel throughout the world and to disciple men and women of every nation.
Grande Prairie Radio Ltd. General Contest Rules 2013
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
Starting on the date displayed on the specific contest web page or ballot box and ending on the date displayed on the specific contest web page or ballot box at 12:00 noon MST/MDT, Grande Prairie Radio Ltd. will offer contestants the opportunity to win the prizes stated on the web page or ballot box.
How to Enter:
1.No purchase is necessary.
2.To enter the contest, your official letter must be correctly completed and submitted by e-mail or by dropping it off at this location or mailing it to Grande Prairie Radio Ltd., #111, 10530 117th Avenue, Grande Prairie, Alberta, T8V 7N7. One mailed entry per envelope. All entries must be received by 12:00 noon MST/MDT on the contest deadline date .
1. As stated on the specific contest web page or ballot box.
2. All other expenses relating to the prize(s) are the winner's responsibilities.
1.The contest is only open to residents of Alberta who have reached the age of majority (18 and over).
2. The contest is not open to individuals who are, or have been, at any time over the duration of the contest or the four months preceding, an employee or representative of, or an immediate family member of or person domiciled with an employee of Grande Prairie Radio Ltd., ALL SPONSORS or their advertising or promotional agencies. As well, the contest is not open to the judges, those who are domiciled with them or members of their immediate family.
Prize Draws and Related Requirements:
1.The contest commences on the date shown on the specific contest web page or ballot box and ending on the date shown on the specific contest web page or ballot box at 12:00 noon MST/MDT. The draw dates for the prize(s) will be within one week of contest end date.
2. The contestant whose entry is the winner will be notified by 5:00 pm on the day of the draw.
3. Winning entry will be selected from all eligible entries by Grande Prairie Radio Ltd. judges.
4. For the purpose of contacting the winner, a contact phone number and e-mail address will be required by all entrants for their entry to be considered complete and valid.
5. Within the first two days after a draw, judges will attempt to contact the winning contestant up to (3) three times during regular business hours by phone. If the contestant cannot be contacted during that time their prize will be forfeited and another entrant will be drawn.
6. The winners may be required to answer correctly, unaided, a time-limited, skill testing question.
7. All contestants will be required to sign a contest waiver form.
8. All other expenses relating to the prize(s) are the winner's responsibilities.
Other Rules and Requirements:
1. By participating in this contest, contestants agree to be bound by the official rules and regulations of the contest.
2. Entry is limited to 1 per person.
3. Contestants may be required to provide reasonable proof that they meet the requirements of the contest.
4. All decisions by the judges relating to this contest are final.
5. All entries become the property of Grande Prairie Radio Ltd. and none will be returned.